2013-01-08

Amazing red Burgundy QPR: 2010 A.F. Gros Beaune 1er Cru Les Boucherottes

I just have to get this wine out to you. On my way back from work yesterday I stopped by my local wine shop and bought a bottle of the 2010 A.F. Gros Beaune 1er Cru Les Boucherottes. I haven't had it before and haven't heard much about the producer. All I saw was a very reasonable priced 1er cru from Beaune from the amazing 2010 vintage.

There are currently 4 Gros domaines in Burgundy. This is a result of retirement of one generation and dividing the vineyards up so that every child gets a vineyard. The Domaine A.F. Gros today makes wine from Pommard, Beaune, Vosne Romane and Chambolle Musigny.

Tasting note on the 2010 A.F. Gros Beaune 1er Cru Les Boucherottes
Tasting note on the 2010 A.F. Gros Beaune 1er Cru Les Boucherottes

It is a bit closed on the nose not giving that much, but that is probably only due to the lack of air this was given. The notes I pick up are red berries in form of raspberries and strawberries.

On the palate you get hit by delicious red berries, with the raspberries continuing from the nose on to the palate. There is a floral component there as well and mineralty. The finnish again has great fruit, florality and the minerality gets more focused. With air, redcurrants get more obvious and really brings the wine to the next level.

The wine has a great acidity, a smooth feel and great transitions from beginning to end. There is good length on the finnish. 92+ points

I need you to go out and find this wine. I got it at $50 and I bet you can find it at even better prices. This wine is just so yummy. Is it the most complex wine ever? No. Is a great wine that gives ou a lot of pleasure? Yes! Seek it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment