2012-10-09

My recent wine purchases

Thought it would be fun to post my most recent wine purchases from time to time here on the blog. This list does not include the bottles I buy for consumption right away. These are wines that I'll maybe try one of and then put them in the cellar.

First, here is a list of what regions that currently are most represented in my cellar (% of total bottles)
  1. Piedmont - 22%
  2. Germany - 16%
  3. Burgundy - 15%
  4. Northern Rhone - 15%
So, my top 4 regions represent almost 70% of all my bottles. Would I like to see this list change forward? Yes. First of all, I would like to see more Burgundy in my basement. I'm a bit concerned about buying the whites from Burgundy because of the premox ghost, but I definetely need more of the reds. Secondly I would like some more bottles of Bordeaux and Cali Cabs.

I guess my recent purchases should reflect these wished, but they don't. My most recent wines purchased are:
  1. 2007 Bartolo Mascarello Barolo (4 btls)
  2. 2010 Taupenot-Merme Nuit-St.-Georges 1er Cru Les Pruliers (4 btls)
  3. 2011 Riffault Sancerre Les Chailloux Silex (4 btls)
Thankfully, these recent purchases tell me only one thing. I need to buy more wine, since these ones do not match my wish of more Bordeaux and Cabs from California.

What are your most recent wine purchases? Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment