2012-09-24

2004 Tahbilk Shiraz

I'll be posting tasting notes on some of the wines I've tasted earlier. This is a wine I bought some bottles of. It was on sale and I've heard good things about it. It also helped that it was 2004. Always fun to be able to by wine with some age on it already.

Tasting note on the 2004 Tahbilk shiraz, Austalian wine
Tasting note for the 2004 Tahbilk Shiraz :
Medium red coulour. Red, soure berries on the nose. Good balance on the palate with pepper and blackcurrant. Good weight and OK length. 89 points

The 2004 Tahbilk Shiraz is not an over-the-top shiraz, as many of the wines from Australia are. This has a medium body and not too high alcohol percentage. This wine is probably at it's peak right now, but I'm going to drink my last bottles over a year or two to see what happens.

It's hard to find this vintage of the wine in stores, but if you find a Tahbilk Shiraz from an other vintage it would be a fun wine to check out.



Check it out on:
Wine-Searcher
Crackawines

No comments:

Post a Comment