2012-09-25

Top 10 wines in my cellar ranked by the cellartracker community score

This is absolutely not a post meant for bragging about my wine cellar. As you will see from the list, it is not even close to being anything to brag about. I just thought it would be interesting to show what kind of wines I have now, and how this will develop once I get more experienced and find out more about my preferences.

Here is my top 10 list as of now:
Top 10 wines in my cellar ranked by cellartracker score








There are a few things that hit me when I look at this list:
1) There are so many young wines that will take ages before they hit their optimal drinking window. I need to buy more older wine.
2) I need to buy more Burgundy and Bordeaux. The reason why I haven't bought much wine from these areas is because of the prices. But I realize now that it's more about quality than quantity.
3) Some of these wines are total bombs. The Janasse CdP XXL is 17% alcohol or something like that. I bought this wine at the beginning of my wine interest era. Now that I've had some wines, I'm pretty sure that this wine is never going to be a great wine for my palate.

I am looking forward to updating this list in a year and see how it has developed. Hopefully there are some new wines on the list.

Would be great if some of you would post your top 10 in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment