2012-09-20

2007 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley

Leather and blueberry pie on the nose. Follows up with chocolate, blueberries, pencil and oak on the palate. OK length with soft tannins. Medium to full body, but lacks some acidity to balance it completely. The oak is at this stage not well enough integrated. 89 points

Tasting note on the 2007 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Napa ValleyWhen I look back at this note and remember the wine I feel that I overscored the wine. It's not a wine that rocks my palate. A bit too oaky and lacking the acidity to balance the wine, but there were some delicious fruit flavours there that kindof got me excited. I have 2 more bottles in the cellar. I am probably going to sit on those for a couple of years to see if the oak integrates a bit more, but I do not believe that this wine ever will be amazing.



 Check it out on:
Wine-Searcher
Wine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment