2012-09-24

2011 Weingut Robert Weil Riesling Spätlese

We had sushi on friday. I've read many recommendations for the combo of sushi and riesling spatlese so I thought this was a good day to try it. Haven't had much spatlese before so I was excited to try it out. Started easy with a basic spatlese from Weil.

Tasting note for the 2011 Weingut Robert Weil Riesling Spätlese:
The nose is dominated by honey, but also has a dash of lime. The honey dominates on the palate as well. I also get some oranges and some lime. Ok acidity on the back end. Decent length and ok balance. 87 points

The wine doesn't blow me away. It is not very complex, quite one dimentional actually, but it matches the sushi very well. Given the nice price of this wine, I do think it has a pretty good qpr.

Weingut Robert Weil is a producer located in the Rhengau region in Germany. His top cuvees are very sought after. The wine I had is a standard spatlese whith a very nice price.



Check it out on Wine-Searcher

No comments:

Post a Comment