2012-09-21

2010 Hubert Lamy Saint-Aubin 1er Cru En Remilly

I haven't had a lot of white Burgs yet, mainly because I love Rieslings but also because the dry Rieslings are way cheaper than the wines from Burgundy. That said, some of the bottles I've had, have been very good. I need to invest more in this category.

I had this Hubert Lamy wine 3-4 weeks ago:
Sitrus and crushed stones on the nose. Good acidity and crispness on the palate with taste of sitrus, crushed stones and honeydew melon. Gains some weight in the finish with more time in the glass..The minerality in this wine really stands out. 91 points

Hubert Lamy isn't one of the most prominent producers in Burgundy and Saint-Aubin is, as I understad it, a well known value play for white Burgs. This wine delivers. I am sure this easily can be put in the cellar for a few years, but it's actually drinking nicely already.

Check it out on:
Wine-Searcher
Berry Bros & Rudd

No comments:

Post a Comment